Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Little Updates

1. Movement is getting better each day. I still find myself waking up in the middle of the night having to stretch my arms though, as they get very tight from not doing much, especially while sleeping.

2. I was back to my nanny job for the first time today. I've been dead tired all day because of it. It actually took a lot out of me and I didn't do much, so I'm not sure how I'm going to handle cleaning her house this Friday. The going is most definitely slower than normal. 

3. I've stopped putting vitamin E on my incisions, because my smart ass didn't realize that the surgeon's glue is still present and at this point it's doing nothing but making a mess and ruining my bra. I will resume once all that's there is a scar.

4. I have less pain every day, but different sensations appear also. Right now I'm experiencing a sharp pang in my left breast close to the breast bone that comes and goes at random. It's very uncomfortable and there's nothing I can do but grin and bear it, which is worse in public because I keep wanting to say "ow". My stomach is regaining sensation but my nipples haven't [yet, cross fingers]. The swelling on my stomach is less and less, I can tell because the Velcro on the binding from the doctor keeps changing positions. Also, I DETEST the band that I wear across my chest, it hurts worse every day. That, so far, is the worst part at this point. I can't wait until it's gone.

5. I have eczema and most of my life I forget this. Until I decide to buy a Nivea firming lotion that I think will be great for my newly siphoned stomach skin and discover that it does everything but moisturize. That plus the antibacterial soap that I foolishly continued using (it's gel based and very drying) and the fifteen layers I wear everyday that create a furnace around my neck have created a million and one little bumps and scaly skin around my neck, arms and chest. It's been lovely.

6. I purchased new "bras" yesterday. After hours of searching through endless types and guessing at a size (I think so far I'm a 36 C but don't quote me), I found a few that were similar to shelf bras inside a camisole and got those to wear during the day instead. They are more comfortable and hide my unsightly swollen nipples well. Because of my new wears, I actually am starting to like what I look like in the mirror. Clothing looks much better as well. I'm starting to get to that point you read about where the chicks all want people to look at them and touch them. I have no shame, if someone said "show me your tits" I'd probably flash them without even thinking. I presume it's because my thought process on them is that they aren't really a part of my body yet, and right now they are still a "new item I just bought" and must show off. Wonder if that will change....

7. I also broke my "no shopping" rule that I made for myself back in October to help save money and also because I was getting a new "body" so to speak. I still don't think it's a good idea to buy actual clothing since I'm not really "normal" yet, but I bought myself a little of everything else and it felt good. I was tempted to buy a summer dress because it's not going to look much different on my once I "settle". It's still in the back of my mind so I might go back before my vacation at the end of the month and treat myself (:

8. One of my breasts has started to drop and fluff already. It's leaving the other one in the dust. I heard that might happen but it's kinda sad. And if it continues it will start to look funny. I'm going to have to massage the other one more now, I think it needs the attention. Whore. 

9. My sister called me sexy when I sent her a picture. One of my best friends told me she thinks everyone will notice. My coworker commented to another coworker that I appeared to be wearing a really padded bra today. She just shrugged at him and pretended he didn't know what he was talking about. So far he's the only one that I've noticed has noticed. Unless people are just being polite. And females don't pay as much attention anyway. I told my desk partner: "It looks like before when I would wear padded bras. Except now it's no longer padded and it's also no longer false advertising!"

No comments:

Post a Comment