Monday, November 21, 2011

My first consultation

I woke up this morning excited and a little nervous. That "little" turned into a LOT by the time I was pulling up to the doctor's office. The stress of it all was making my head pound and the pain is still there a few hours later. I realize this is a big decision but my body is making it a bigger deal internally that I thought it would. However, I promised a overview of the experience so here I am.

The ladies at the front desk were super sweet, which is good because if they were bitches I would have turned and ran away. I'm in sales, so I know how important first impressions are and they can make or break it when it comes to the close.

I didn't sit long (I was late as usual) and was lead into an office where a nurse(?) or assistant or something like that had me sit and we went over my health and stats and whatnot. She was very sweet, but I knew that once again this was the part that helps with the "sale" so I didn't read too much into it.

Once that was over, she lead me into the doctor's office and had me sit to wait for him. He was in to see me about 2 minutes after, and because of this I right away felt rushed. He didn't offer to shake my hand, which is not a big deal, but then he sat down and started talking right away. It was as if he thought I'd heard it all before and was just recalling the important details so I didn't forget. Basically I got what would happen in a nutshell, no questions from me, just this is what I do, take it or leave it. I was on board with everything he said but it still felt odd. Then he told me to go next door, take of my shirt and put on a pink paper gown/top.

I honestly have no idea why they do that. I mean, I'm about to be completely naked in front of both of you, is being covered 2 more minutes really necessary? Sure enough, as soon as they were in the room it was off.

I went to stand in front of a big black sheet with a camera and flash staring at me from across the room. I could see the image being projected on a computer screen nearby. Honestly the embarrassment I suddenly felt wasn't from being naked in front of two strangers, it was from seeing myself on a computer screen. To lighten the mood I told them that this was unusual because "I'm naked on a computer screen and I'm not even getting paid". They both laughed, so it had it's desired effect. I, however, was still very much embarrassed.

Once Dr. Loomis played around with my "area" and they both took a million pictures this way and that, they had me put on a sports bra that clasped in front and the "nurse" lady began taking silicone implants and "filling me up". It was the weirdest sensation, having them on me. They felt like breasts when I put my hands to my chest and for the first time I could imagine the after effects.

I want them now!

I understand that the process is going to take time, but it felt so normal wearing that bra. I felt like it looked perfectly natural and there I realized that I want bigger than I had guessed. The implant size that I finally (and I say finally because I took my sweet time trying to decide!) landed on was 420cc. It came to a full C, perhaps a small D if I wore a VS bra. (Nurse-lady says they run small. I wouldn't know since at the present moment they don't have my damn size!) Weird, but I was actually thinking maybe to go bigger than that, even though it was bigger than I was already planning. One side will need to be filled a little less because I'm slightly uneven, but over all it looked really good. I jokingly told her that now my boobs will finally match my ass and she laughed and told me that people pay a lot of money to have my ass. All I know is that it's what keeps my boys coming back, because it definitely isn't my boobs!!

Once I decided, long after the doctor excused himself, I met her back in the office to discuss the payment. I had a list of questions, and she answered them all to my satisfaction. Basically, if she were the one doing my surgery I'd have signed up in a heartbeat, she was fabulous. But she's not, so I'm left feeling a little want as far as he's concerned.

All in all, it went well. I'm going to be scheduling at least one more consultation, most likely two, to get a rounded (no pun intended!) experience. I'm glad the first one is over though, as I have an idea of what to ask and where to go from here much more than before today. On to the next one!!! (And off now to take some pain killers, OUCH!)

No comments:

Post a Comment