Friday, November 11, 2011

Research

I've been spending every second of my spare time reading as much information as I can. My consult is in less than two weeks, and I'd like to have an idea of what to ask and what the doctor is referring to when he speaks with me. I hate looking like an idiot. I mean, come on, its not like I haven't been working towards this for over ten years!

A close friend has another good friend who had a BA a couple years back and was super happy with her doctor. His name is Dr. Mario Loomis, and he is in Middletown, NY which only about 30 minutes from where I live. Because I am still fairly new to the area I don't know many people who have received any sort of plastic surgery, nor have I been told about any other good doctors. Is it safe to simply go with the only recommendation you've received? Not sure. But at least I am going to go to him and see what he has to say. It's the first step, and I'm ready to get this taken care of!

I'm looking at pictures of previous work. Of course, I'm keeping in mind that as all artists, your portfolio is usually of your best work so my mind is trying to stay open when it comes to what I see. It's looking good thus far, and now I'm trying to pin point what exactly I want.

Long ago I decided that I want the implants placed submuscular, which basically means beneath the muscle. All of my reading tells me that this helps them to stay in place better, and not sag as easily. Also, it helps prevent the "bulging" look on the top of the breast that usually is a dead give-away that someone has had a BA. I hate that look! I'm trying to go as natural as possible.

Which is why I think I'm leaning towards the lower end of a C. Based on my body type and what I see on his website, it looks like somewhere between 325 and 375c will work well. What the hell do I know though, I'm just guessing. The doctor will have a better idea, although I hear that they always try to get you to go bigger. In this case, I'm not convinced bigger is really better. If I had to pick, a bigger disappointment would be if they were too large and fake looking than if they were a little too small. Trust me, I'm pretty much flat as a pancake now so having something PERIOD is going to make me a very happy camper regardless!

I wish I had someone to talk to that's gone through this...

No comments:

Post a Comment