Saturday, December 17, 2011

Stats on Dr. Fiorillo

Here is the breakdown of what would happen if I go with Dr. Fiorillo:

I have a choice of saline or silicon, but he usually recommends silicone. They have a warranty for life that will replace them for free, and neither the Dr. nor Phyllis mentioned any additional "insurance" I could purchase. However, if there was complications after a year then Phyllis said the implant company usually helps pay the new surgery costs. Most issues happen within the first year, and Dr. Fiorillo would take care of it immediately and for no charge.

He performs over 200 BA'a a year and has been doing them since 1998. He does them in a state-of-the-art hospital certified facility that only does cosmetic surgery so it's exceptionally clean. Anything that a hospital is required to have, they have, so there's no need for outside assistance. They've never had to do so before, but if necessary there is an ambulance a block away and the nearest hospital is five minutes. There would be an anesthesiologist, the Dr. himself, his head nurse and a scrub tech in the room.

The surgery is done with general anesthesia. While in, they give an IV of antibiotics and then prescribe them afterwards along with heavy pain medication (Percocet). Phyllis said that the anesthesiologist actually doesn't want me to take my medication two weeks before the surgery (Reduce blood loss), and they usually ask patients to go a month. The incision can be however I chose, but his recommendation is under the breast in the natural crease. He said that the armpit has a higher chance of being seen, and also higher infection rate because of the sweat glands. He places them under the muscle. If there is a problem the same incision can be used again. They use dissolvable stitches and no surgical tape.

The procedure takes two hours total prep and surgery time, and afterwards I'm required to stay a few hours for monitoring. They'll make sure my pain meds are working and that I'm safe to leave. If I have someone bring me, they'll have access to the gym there complimentary while waiting. Also, by doing my surgery there I'll be given a week of personal training if I want it. 

After care: He DOES believe in massage, but not overly so. The after-care and post op visits are included in his fee, and they see you right after the surgery, 2-3 days later and then in 3 months, 6 months, and once a year. Phyllis said that Arnica is great if you want to use it, but she says that there isn't much bruising to worry about. They give you a bra to wear right away, and after. Sports bras are recommended afterwards. Sleeping can be done laying down, but she says they recommend you use a few pillows to prop yourself up to relieve discomfort.

I can resume work in a week, and Phyllis said she was back to work in two days. She thought I might want to take a week if I could. I will be able to shower after two days. Driving is possible once you are off the pain Rx and feel you have complete control of arms and neck movement. Light exercise is ok after a week, but a month or more is necessary before I work out heavily.

A deposit of $500 is required for booking my surgery. 

Exact fee breakdown:

Saline:

Dr. Fee: $4300
Implants: $600
Anesthesia: $950
Facility: $1250

TOTAL: $7000
*If I book by the end of the month, $6500

Silicone:

Dr. Fee: $4300
Implants: $1500
Anesthesia: $950
Facility: $1250

TOTAL: $8000
*If I book by the end of the month, $7500

No comments:

Post a Comment