Monday, December 5, 2011

Staying Healthy

Recently I've been trying to get back into shape. I've gained about 15 pounds over the last 6 months, which is a lot on my frame, and I need to get it OFF! I've been checking into dance classes, yoga, kickboxing and even bootcamps. I need motivation and doing it on my own isn't going to be enough, I know myself too well. I'm even going to a Weight Watchers meeting this week with a friend to see how that works and hopefully at least my eating will get on track.

I realized that since I changed companies at work that I'm not moving as much as I used to but eating the same. Hence, the weight gain. (I think, I'm actually still a little perplexed as to the real reason). When I get my BA I want it to be with a matching fit body, especially so I don't move my fixation from my boobs to my belly after it's done. (Lipo AND a BA? I'm not sure my bank account can approve that transaction!).

Once my procedure is done I'll have to take it easy for awhile, and it could be a few months before I'm back to jogging and other strenuous exercises. So I need to take control now, as that break will be too much if I don't. Keeping myself healthy is a priority.

As I was getting a class schedule from outside a yoga studio I noticed that they are planning on taking a "yoga retreat" to Costa Rica in February. Costa Rica is on my bucket list and one of the places I was actually considering for my yearly vacation next year. Only thing is, I was moving my ETA to more like May this time because of my operation. I want to make sure it's over and I can give "them" time to settle before I'm donning a two piece. The trip sounds amazing, though, and it's really inexpensive. They will be gone for over a week and it's only $900.

I'm not sure that it's even open still but now I'm milling my options over in my head. If I go, I'll have to postpone my surgery or have it super early. (Yoga requires movements that I won't be capable of right away and they have two classes a day when they're there.) I'm not financially able to do it early, so I'd have to do it later. Is a lifelong goal worth putting off for another lifelong goal?

No comments:

Post a Comment