Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Bloodwork

I thought I was brilliant. Think again.

Part of the packet that the doctor's assistant sent me included a script for a basic cbc. I guess they want to make sure I'm healthy, not pregnant, that sort of thing. The only problem is I don't have insurance so I wasn't sure how to go about doing it. My good friend told me to budget about 800 dollars. Ouch.

Ok, I got to thinking and this is what came to my mind. For reasons that I care not to go into, because they are long and boring and quite maddening, I need to get new life insurance. Part of getting a new policy includes getting blood work done. When I talked to my boss, I asked what was done during the blood work. He said it was nothing more than just a basic cbc. Perfect. Let the insurance company pay for it.

Or not. When I got the results yesterday, I noticed that they look different from previous lab work I had done. I faxed it to the nurse and confirmed that yes, it was true: it was a no go. NOT a CBC.

So now I am a week before my surgery, and needing my blood work done asap. Currently I am sitting in the hospital waiting for a nurse to come in draw my blood. Again.

I hate needles. I hate spending money.

This coming event is definitely bringing light to the words "beauty is pain"...

No comments:

Post a Comment