Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Free to drink, YAY!

I spoke with my doctor's nurse today. I was so worried when I got the packet that the patient coordinator sent me (more on that later) and read that I have to stop drinking alcohol for two weeks before the surgery.

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not an alcoholic by any means. However, this month there are two weekends that had me concerned: St. Patrick's Day and my girl's sister's birthday.

I am all about having to be the DD if necessary. But I really didn't want to be...so imagine my relief when the nurse told me that the rule isn't really a rule...it's more of a guideline. Phew! Good to know.

Of course, she did warn me not to go crazy and especially not the night before. I was thinking that was a little obvious...would a chick really think about getting hammered the night before a big surgery? Especially when you have to fast EVERYTHING including liquids for the 12 hours before you go under? I guess you never know with some people!

I'm just glad I can raise a toast...even if it will only be a little one! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment